A Care Support Broker puts people at the heart of the decision making process in using their individual budget. Care brokerage has a number of functions which imply an array of activities or tasks.
It is best seen and understood by this set of functions rather than seeing care brokerage encapsulated within a role of a support broker.
Functions of Care Brokerage
The key functions of care brokerage include:
- To find out what is available
- To explore what is possible
- Provide information (signposting)
- Give technical advice
- Encourage and develop informal support
- Coordinate support and resources
- Assist a person to manage their obligations and responsibilities in relation to a budget
- Facilitation to make things happen
- Help with care support planning and person centred planning
- Help a person to speak up for themselves or where necessary to speak up on their behalf
Care Brokerage Services
The above is a start to scope out what care brokerage is, many people will need no help at all and will be able to do what it takes to receive and use a personal budget.
However, for those that need assistance, care support broker services are available from many sources as listed below, and as a care agency we can help you find the services you need.
- Your family or close friends
- An Independent Broker
- A Provider
- Lancashire County Council
- A Community Group
- A Legal Trust
If you require guidance regarding Brokerage or accessing services then please contact us at your local CCS care agency office.
For an excellent and caring homecare service please call your local CCS office