A Care Support Broker puts people at the heart of the decision making process in using their individual budget. Care brokerage has a number of functions which imply an array of activities or tasks.
It is best seen and understood by this set of functions rather than seeing care brokerage encapsulated within a role of a support broker.
Functions of Care Brokerage
The key functions of care brokerage include:
- To find out what is available
- To explore what is possible
- Provide information (signposting)
- Give technical advice
- Encourage and develop informal support
- Coordinate support and resources
- Assist a person to manage their obligations and responsibilities in relation to a budget
- Facilitation to make things happen
- Help with care support planning and person centred planning
- Help a person to speak up for themselves or where necessary to speak up on their behalf
Care Brokerage Services
The above is a start to scope out what care brokerage is, many people will need no help at all and will be able to do what it takes to receive and use a personal budget.
However, for those that need assistance, care support broker services are available from many sources as listed below, and as a care agency we can help you find the services you need.
- Your family or close friends
- An Independent Broker
- A Provider
- Lancashire County Council
- A Community Group
- A Legal Trust
If you require guidance regarding Brokerage or accessing services then please contact us at your local CCS care agency office.